7/10/11

A Dog-gone Parade

 
Looking Good!
Hey Friends, what did you do on the 4th of July? 
I had a fantastic time at the Anna Maria Annual Parade.  Mom and I love when the parade participants throw beads from their floats. I needed a little fashion update, so this year, I decided to wear beads along with my usual red, white and blue neck scarf. What do you think?  Lookin' good, huh?


The Privateers led the parade up Gulf Drive in their pirate ship, Skullywag.  And, I'm so proud of myself.  I didn't jump when they blew off their cannon!  It always comes as a surprise, but this year I was ready!!!
 Check out this parade entry.  That girl stayed on her skateboard for the entire parade!  There were over 130 vehicles in the parade this year.  It traveled from Coquina Beach to Bayfront Park.
Here's another favorite of mine.  The Bradentucky Bombers roller derby squad.  There were skaters flying all over the street.  It was enough to make me doggone crazy!

 I'm not sure who these folks are, but they sure have that Anna Maria Island Style!

 And, how about these little sweeties?  They collected beads, candy, and toys that were being tossed from the parade vehicles.
 I liked this 4th of July float with a big Uncle Sam hat! 

Speaking of BIG, our friend, Cheryl, brought a Big chair for us to relax in while we watched the parade.
It was such a big chair that our friends, Cindy, Ed and their daughter, Kadee sat together!
Julie and Sally from Rudy's took a turn in the chair.  Mom and I watched the parade from the sidewalk in front of Rudy's.  We had so much fun and we got a chance to try out the chair, too!  Doesn't my mom look tiny?
We just love living in Anna Maria.   There's always something fun to do with so many good friends!

 Happy 4th of July everyone! 



No comments:

Post a Comment