5/18/11

A "Howling" Good Time!

Not sure if I mentioned it before, but I'm not a big fan of fireworks.  It's the surprise "bang!" that gets me every time.  But..... I have to say, this past Saturday night, my hometown, Anna Maria, had a big celebration for the 100th anniversary of the City Pier.  At 9:00 PM there was a fantastic fireworks display over the water.  
                                                          photo: Jack Elka
Hundreds of people showed up for the celebration which actually started the evening before with a parade!  During the day on Saturday, Pine Avenue was closed and lined with food, wine and art tents. I had some goooood food! Loved the art.  And, even had a little wine!
By the time the evening came, I was ready for a celebration with a bang!  Hundreds of us lined the pier and along the shore.  There was music and more food and the colors reflected off the water. It was a perfect ending to an exciting day.  We all had a "howling" good time!
Anna Maria City Pier




1 comment:

  1. Fritz.....Your one cool pooch, so glad you had a good time at the pier celebration. We look forward to seeing you out and about with your Mom

    ReplyDelete